Natural Swimming pool practicum
MORE DETAILS & Booking is COMING SOON!
Now we have decided to construct a natural swimming pool, surrounded by a perennial garden. Before we even moved onto the farm we had a swimming pond in the design planning; an enjoyable way of washing and relaxing for the folks who come to this amazing place. Since we have an incredible sauna fired up every day, and a beautiful beach at our local lake, this never became a necessity. Now we wish to build a more private pool for the household, and so this presents a fairly unique opportunity to learn by doing; creating a natural swimming pool from scratch.
Images courtesy David Pagan Butler Organicpools.co.uk
The course will be very much hands-on, with the aim of completing the basic build and hopefully even planting out the regeneration zones of the pond. It will involve physical and co-ordinated work, with constant whiteboard sessions in the work site to ensure everyone is clear of the build process and decision-making. In light of the varied weather, we will complete the excavation before hand in order to get the most out of our time together. The detailed landscaping and surrounding perennial plantings are unlikely to fit into our time frame, but everything we do will all be documented and made available to you. We will do all we can together, and we are known for getting things done!
Topics of discussion/ practical experience
OUR MEAL POLICY
- We eat a balanced diet of meat, dairy, eggs, vegetables and whole foods. We supply farm raised and grown produce and 100% organic whole foods that we buy in. The course is fully catered, with dinner the evening of arrival and breakfast before you leave.
- We operate a one meal policy at the farm. Bear in mind we are a meat producing farm that also slaughters animals here on the farm. We regularly use stock, dairy, eggs and meat in meals as well as eating sourdough breads we bake and other ingredients with gluten. Unfortunately we cannot cater for alternative diets. If you are not comfortable eating the rounded diet described it is best not to attend our trainings.
SLEEPING AND OTHER HOUSEKEEPING
- Accomodation is camping; you need to bring your own gear. Make sure you bring plenty of layers, as well as waterproofs and work gloves to ensure your comfort.
- We have sauna and bucket showers available daily.
- We have high speed fiber optic internet available.
- We have simple compost toilets and an outdoor sink with hot and cold water.
NOT AVAILABLE YET!